We’re on the cusp of yet another festive holiday season at Belhurst Castle. Not only is Christmas (and New Year’s Eve, for that matter) a time for celebration and reflection, but it’s also widely referred to as the “most popular day to get engaged.” After all, what’s more romantic than embracing each other underneath falling snowflakes on an early 18th-century estate? Yes, our historic castle and winery is an idyllic destination for a romantic getaway, honeymoon, or engagement, but we’re also proud to be one of the premier winter wedding venues in Geneva, NY.
10 Reasons to Tie the Knot During Winter’s Peak
Belhurst Castle’s peak wedding season runs from May through October. Yet, winter’s peak is perhaps the best time of the year to recite your heartfelt vows. After all, there’s nothing more magical than a snow-capped castle set amid frosty trees and a frozen lake. As one of the top-reviewed wedding venues in Geneva, NY, our team is continuously enhancing the guest experience—especially for brides and grooms. Here are 10 reasons to plan a mid-winter wedding at Belhurst Castle.
- Unlike most wedding venues in Geneva, NY, Belhurst Castle doesn’t have a minimum spend. That means you pick and choose your budget.
- Winter weddings are fully customizable. You don’t have to sift through packages, choose a dining option that doesn’t suit your guest list, or pay for undesired services.
- There’s no venue fee. Period. We simply don’t believe in it.
- Our historic property is just as beautiful during the winter months as it is in spring, summer, or autumn. It’s hard to top swaying snowflakes, snow-capped 1800s architecture, and utter seclusion.
- It’s hard to truly customize a New York vineyard wedding during peak seasons as our three venues can book several months (or years) in advance. Winter weddings, meanwhile, provide the flexibility to utilize both ballrooms and Edgar’s Restaurant in the Castle. Hold the ceremony in one ballroom, take photos in every corner of the estate, and gather for a reception in the other ballroom!
- The photo opportunities at Belhurst Castle are unrivaled. Pose for photos in our speakeasy bar, 1800s castle, or along Seneca Lake’s serene edge.
- We’re the only castle in the Finger Lakes to accommodate weddings.
- It’s almost impossible to reserve large blocks of rooms during peak seasons in the Finger Lakes. In the wintertime, however, there’s more availability in the castle, Vinifera Inn, and White Springs Manor for the wedding party and all guests.
- Belhurst Castle is your one-stop wedding headquarters. With 47 rooms in total, an on-site spa-salon, and multiple ceremony locations, you and your guests won’t have to leave the estate to get the care you need.
- Start your honeymoon at Belhurst. Treat yourselves to a post-wedding massage at our Isabella Spa-Salon. Your guests can also indulge in a lavish, morning-after breakfast in Edgar’s Restaurant in the Castle.
A Heartwarming Ceremony and Elegant Reception
There’s ample indoor space on the estate for a heartwarming ceremony, particularly in the 3,300-square-foot Meritage Ballroom, which effortlessly accommodates up to 160 guests. You’ll become speechless once you step into this visually-striking masterpiece, complete with tall ceilings, massive bay windows, dimly-lit chandeliers, a dance floor, and easy access to the grounds. After the ceremony, guests can swiftly move into the Castle Ballroom for celebratory drinks and appetizers. Both reception venues have stunning views of Seneca Lake, a dance floor, and copious amounts of historic charm.
Belhurst’s estate is a genuinely awe-inspiring and ethereal locale, especially during a serene snowfall or on a particularly sunny midwinter afternoon. Take a peek at previous wedding photos by visiting our Finger Lakes wedding page. It’s easy to see why Belhurst Castle has a near-perfect rating on The Knot and WeddingWire. Most wedding venues in Geneva, NY, cannot match our extravagant on-site catering—the menu can include countless culinary classics, such as the broiled lobster tail, boneless Hudson Valley duck, or seared veal chop.
Wedding Venues in Geneva, NY: Belhurst Castle
Most Finger Lakes wedding venues are booked solid years in advance, especially during peak seasons. But, perhaps, a fairytale winter wedding is precisely what you and your sweetheart desire? Regardless of the season, our customized menus, zero-fee promise, and dedicated wedding staff are second to none. And we couldn’t think of a more romantic destination to start your long-awaited honeymoon than right here at one of the premier wedding venues in Geneva, NY. Indulge in spa treatments, fine cuisine, award-winning wine, or housemade craft beer. To inquire about a dreamy New York vineyard wedding, please fill out this form. We can’t wait to hear from you!