In the heart of New York’s scenic Finger Lakes region rests a historic, charming, and picturesque city along the northern rim of Seneca Lake: Geneva, NY. Most travelers visit Geneva, NY, to sample award-winning wine, learn about the area’s absorbing history, and bask in Belhurst Castle’s old-world romance. And, while Belhurst Castle has a top-reviewed winery, expanding brewery, dazzling spa, and two casual yet sophisticated restaurants, a brief visit to downtown Geneva, NY, should be your itinerary.
10 Can’t-Miss Stops in Geneva, NY
Whether you’re visiting the Finger Lakes for a long-awaited honeymoon, spontaneous romantic getaway, or group retreat, you’ll immediately fall in love with our city’s 19th-century architecture, heartwarming Seneca Lake vistas, and Belhurst Castle’s jaw-dropping accommodations. While we urge each and every guest to visit a handful of the best restaurants in Geneva, NY, during your well-deserved escape into the Finger Lakes, there’s so much more to discover in our charming town than gourmet cuisine, regional wine, and craft beer.
- Smith Center for the Arts: Many of our guests visit Geneva, NY, to catch a live performance at the Smith Center. Theater and music lovers can enjoy everything from a magical ballet rendition of The Nutcracker to a concert from a renowned musical act, such as The Blind Boys of Alabama, Lake Street Dive, and Trey Anastasio.
- Belhurst Estate Winery: There are nearly a dozen wineries near Geneva, NY, but only one rests along the edge of Seneca Lake on a 281-year-old estate. Our classic wine-tasting flight costs just $5 for five samples.
- Dinner at Belhurst Castle: Our guests can choose between Edgar’s Restaurant and Stonecutters Tavern for on-site dining. Edgar’s is located in our late-1880s castle, so you’re in for the dining experience of a lifetime. Stonecutters, meanwhile, provides some of the tastiest pub food and quietest patio seating in the Finger Lakes.
- Downtown shopping spree: We always recommend that all guests spend an hour or two in downtown Geneva, NY, browsing through hand-crafted goods and clothing. Geneva Antique Co-Op is a blast from the past. Geneva Bicycle Center is perhaps the best bike shop in the region. Stomping Grounds is a bookworm’s paradise. And Earthly Possessions Boutique has the city’s prettiest jewelry and custom-made garments.
- Seneca Lake State Park: For those traveling with children, a midsummer visit to Seneca Lake State Park’s “Sprayground” is an absolute must!
- Isabella Spa & Salon: A hit amongst honeymooners, couples, and girlfriends, the Isabella Spa & Salon is a dazzling, rejuvenating delight. Stop in for a hot stone massage, well-deserved facial, or fruit-infused body scrub before taking on the day.
- Monaco’s Coffee: One of the best ways to start a full day of relaxation, exploration, and fine dining is by sipping on a mocha latte, chai tea, or hot cocoa at Monaco’s, our favorite coffee shop in Geneva, NY.
- Ice Cream: For those who haven’t visited the Finger Lakes before, our region is revered for its many creameries. The Italian-inspired Geneva Gelato and classic Mr. Twistee’s are both heavenly on a warm summer afternoon.
- Lavish Finger Lakes accommodations: Belhurst Castle’s history dates back to 1738, making our lakeside estate a must-see attraction. But don’t forget that you can spend a weekend in one of our awe-inspiring castle rooms, all of which have been meticulously preserved over the last 100-plus years. To book a well-deserved romantic getaway to Belhurst Castle, please give us a call today at 1-315-781-0201.
- WeBe Brewing Company: There are nearly a dozen breweries in Geneva, NY, believe it or not. And we typically send thirsty patrons to our very own on-site Mabel’s Oat Soda Company (or WeBe Brewing on the western edge of town). WeBe’s hazy IPAs, German-style lagers, and that pillowy, aromatic Golden Peel are worth the short drive.